Easy Peazy Hummus (12 servings)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (organic)
• 1⁄4 cup tahini
• 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
• 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (or to taste)
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
- Purée all ingredients.
Quick Guac (8–10 servings)
- 1⁄2 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium tomato chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 11⁄2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Scoop pulp of ripened avocado, place onions, pepper, tomato in medium bowl.
- Add lime and cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well. Refrigerate extra for up to three days.
Collard Green Frittata (1 serving)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cleaned collard greens
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- • 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In medium skillet over medium heat add water and
Collard greens .
- Cook, stirring until collards are cooked. Drain any remaining water from pan. Spread collar greens in the outer edges of pan.
- Add 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil. Sauté onions until tender, slowing mixing cooked collard greens in with the cooking vegetables.
- Crack eggs and whip ,pour eggs on top.lifting and running eggs along side the pan
Add eggs and continue stirring until eggs set.
Black Bean Salsa (8 servings)
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 peeled lime, segmented and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Protein Powered Oatmeal (2 servings)
Books Published by Hay House, Copyright 2009-2013
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup steel-cut gluten-free oats
- 1⁄2 apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2 scoops gluten-free protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup soy, almond, or rice milk
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add oats and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in fruit and nuts. Let
cool for 5 minutes.
- Add protein powder and stir well. Transfer to bowl, and mix with milk and stevia